PURSUE: Marriage Ministry
The purpose of the Pursue Marriage Ministry is to support the health and prosperity of God’s first institution – marriage! The ministry aims to empower and support married and engaged couples through the wisdom of God’s Word, impactful marriage positive resources, educational workshops and seminars, play dates (date nights) and an active online community.
Pursue God, Pursue Love, Pursue Wisdom, Pursue Marriage.
We will address topics related to:
- Celebrating your marriage and making it a priority
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Sex and Intimacy
- Romance and Intentionality
- Pre-Marriage Support
- Common challenges for married couples
- Additional topics as needed
By wisdom a house is built and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
– Proverbs 24:3-4 (NIV)
Key principles from scripture
A marriage must be:
- Intentionally built
- Built through knowledge and wisdom
- Built on the Word of God
This work is rewarded with rare and beautiful treasures!
The four Pillars of the Pursue Marriage Ministry
- PRE-MARRIAGE & MARRIAGE MENTORING – Trained mentor couples come alongside married and engaged couples to provide support, encouragement, prayer, biblical wisdom, and practical skill development to prepare for and enhance marital relationships.If you are interested in Pre-Marriage or Marriage Mentoring, click here [link to intake form on the HUB] or if you would like to be a mentor please email Shannon and Baraka Patterson at Pursue@stbch.org.
- PLAY DATES – A series of fun and romantic events hosted by the Pursue Marriage Ministry to facilitate and celebrate couple time. We also endeavor to build a sense of community with other like-minded married couples for support and encouragement of healthy marriages. For upcoming dates follow us on social media or link to our events calendar.For questions regarding Pursue Play Dates or to be added to our email list for upcoming announcements please email us at Pursue@stbch.org
- SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS – Pursue provides quality educational experiences for married and engaged couples to support and enrich their marriages through knowledge, skill, and wisdom. We will have workshops and seminars throughout the year to enrich your marriage.For questions regarding workshops or seminars or to be added to our email list for upcoming announcements please email us at Pursue@stbch.org
- PURSUE SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY – An online, marriage-positive social media community where likeminded couples encourage each other to pursue Godly marriages. The social media sites will also post announcements of upcoming playdates, workshops and seminars. In addition, we will encourage discussion of relevant marriage related topics and provide suggestions for helpful resources such as Christian counselors, books, videos, and a ton of other resources that will be impactful to married and engaged couples that we serve.
Get in Touch
For general questions, to share a need, or to contact a member of the Pursue Marriage Ministry Leadership Team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible!