Director of Student Ministry
General Ministry Description
The Director of Student Ministry for Strong Tower Bible Church will serve as a spiritual leader for the church’s Junior High (aka Middle School) and High School students, ages 11-18.
The Director of Student Ministry (DSM) will shepherd separate, age-specific programs and discipleship groups for the Junior High and Senior High students of Strong Tower Bible Church (STBC), while keeping a relational cohesiveness for all of the students.
The DSM will serve as a connector between ministries by receiving rising Middle School students from the STBC Children’s Ministry and preparing graduating seniors to go into the STBC College and Career ministry.
The Student Ministry’s mission, vision, and values should always align with the mission, vision, and values of STBC.
- A baptized believer in Christ, who walks with God and reflects His Kingdom reign in a holistic way.
- A person with a love for youth and an active involvement with youth, their families, and adult volunteers.
- A leader with a track record demonstrating the ability to disciple and lead both student and adult volunteer leaders.
- A person who will treat this job both as a ministry and as a professional position.
- A person who has the ability and gifts to be good with people and effective at administration.
- A person who is a good team player, one who works well with staff, elders, and volunteers.
- A person who is committed to the philosophy, beliefs, and practices of Strong Tower Bible Church.
- Work under the Executive Pastor as the staff person with the responsibility of leading the Student Ministry. Under the umbrella of this supervision, lead and work with an elder advisory team to plan and coordinate the Student Ministry program.
- Lead the adult volunteers in fulfilling STBC’s mission within the Student Ministry program.
- Perform role of lead teacher and organizer on Wednesday evenings and on Sundays.
- Collaborate with parents of students to encourage and equip the students to be disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Oversee the purchasing or creation and implementation of curriculum for students.
- In collaboration with pastors and elders, identify, recruit, equip, and disciple adult volunteers for teacher/small group leader roles on Wednesday evenings and Sundays.
- Be a role model for the adult volunteers and students in reaching the lost.
- Attend STBC staff meetings on Tuesdays and recurring meetings with the Executive Pastor and/or Senior Pastor.
- Work with the Executive Pastor to develop and propose the Student Ministry annual operating budget and manage expenditures for Student Ministry programs.
- Responsible for all youth-related budgets and expenditures, and age-appropriate youth programs.
- Organize worship/media teams, as necessary, for Wednesday evenings and Sundays.
- Stay connected with students by attending their school and personal activities.
- Lead outreach events and activities to the lost, unchurched, and underprivileged.
- Coordinate camps, retreats, mission trips, and other events.
- Follow up with those students whose attendance or involvement with the ministry has markedly decreased.
- Contact newcomers to encourage them to return to church and help them with their walk.
- Coordinate annual summer leadership Student Ministry Retreat for adults and students to prepare for the coming school year.
- Lead recurring meetings with parents and adult volunteers for updates, celebration of “successes,” feedback, and program planning.
- Utilize feedback from pastors, elders, students, parents, adult volunteers, and staff to make ongoing improvements in the Student Ministry.
The salary range for this position will be discussed in the second interview and determined upon experience and education. Health insurance, dental insurance, and a vacation allowance are provided
A mutual evaluation period is required of a new DSM. This period provides the DSM with an opportunity to get to know the students and other church leaders, and vice versa. After 90 days, a decision on whether or not to progress into a longer-term commitment will be made jointly by the church and the DSM.
Organizational Structure and Supervision
The DSM is accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Elder Team. For purposes of work performance, the DSM reports directly to the Executive Pastor for professional, spiritual, personal, and ministry guidance.
Job Type: Full-Time
Contact Information and Procedure:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Qualified candidates should submit the following information:
- Cover letter sharing your heart
- Personal Testimony