Coronavirus Response for STBC
Coronavirus Disease 2019
Coronavirus: What is it?
Coronaviruses, a large family of viruses, cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe disease (MERS) and (SARS)
Common Symptoms of COVID – 19:
Fever, tiredness, dry cough (some will also have aches & pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, or diarrhea) – (mild – and gradual).
Most (~80%) recover from the disease without needing special attention. One out of every six (1 of 6) people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing.
Coronavirus Transmission Preventative Steps:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (>20 seconds)
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available (> 60% alcohol)
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Arm/Fist bump greetings.
- Give each other space.
- Wipe down surfaces.
- Stay home if you are sick
Resources on Coronavirus:
- World Health Organization (www.who.int)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) (www.cdc.gov)
- Tennessee Department of Health (www.tn.gov/health/news)
- TN Coronavirus Public Information Line (10am-10pm) 877-857-2945